Preparing for Distance Learning
Prepare before class starts
- Order your book and supplies early so that you have what you need at the beginning of the course.
- Be sure to meet any technology skills prerequisites. This is a good time to brush up on the applications you will be using.
- Have all required hardware and software. Check your equipment and software and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Have your Internet service active with the fastest connection that is affordable for you. The faster your internet connection, the more enjoyable and productive your online education will be.
- Thoroughly review the course syllabus/schedule and understand all requirements as soon as the course begins.
- Message your instructor with any questions you may have.
- Check the class announcements often for new postings.
- Check your inbox frequently for new messages.
- Be observant of copyright laws and never plagiarize.
- Keep all inbox correspondence with the instructor and classmates for your records.
- Chances are, if you have a question someone else in the class has the same exact question.
- If you need help, ASK for it!