Computer Lab 85
Policies & Procedures
Dona Ana Community College strives to provide its students with state of the art computing equipment. To maintain our facilities, we ask that you observe the following procedures:
- For your protection and that of the equipment, all media can be scanned upon request for viruses at the front desk upon entering and leaving the lab.
- Several computers are attached to special equipment or have special software. We may ask you to release them to students needing to use them.
- ID’s (or other property) are required to check out any books/manuals, diskettes, or other equipment from the lab (front desk).
- The lab phone is for business use only and limited to 3-minute calls. Emergency calls are allowed.
- Any special requests need the approval of the lab supervisor. Lab assistants do not have the authority to grant any special requests.
- We ask that you print only one copy of your document. If you need more than one copy, please go to a copy machine.
- The lab assistants are available to help troubleshoot equipment or software. They can help only at their level of expertise. Your instructor is to provide any definite answers to questions you may have about your homework.
- Volunteers may be helping at the front desk. They do not necessarily have the expertise of any of the software or equipment available in the lab.
- A "lost & found" is provided as a courtesy. The computer lab is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any personal items lost or left in the lab.
- You must be enrolled at DACC, ABE, NMSU or through the DACC Community Education Program in order to use the equipment in Lab 85. Lab Reservations not available.
- Copying of software is STRICTLY prohibited, and can result in loss of privileges. So do not copy software from DACC computers to your diskettes. This is against the law.
- Games are allowed for INSTRUCTIONAL USE ONLY. (Only games included in the standard software are allowed.)
- Never save, delete, or modify files on the computers’ hard drives. Installing or downloading software to the computers is PROHIBITED.
- Students are not allowed to fix, change, move or re-configure any equipment. This includes adding paper to the printers. If you need any assistance with the equipment, please ask a lab assistant for help.
- NO EATING OR DRINKING IN THE COMPUTER LAB.
- Please help keep the labs clean--clean up your area when finished.
- Lab 85 computers should be used for appropriate educational use only. Absolutely no personal business should be performed on any of the equipment.
- Viewing obscene, offensive or pornographic material is prohibited and inappropriate. Disciplinary action will be taken if anyone is in violation of this policy.
- A user will be asked to leave a lab for fighting, foul language, or any other form of inappropriate behavior. If necessary, security may be called to restore order and additional disciplinary action may be taken. Anyone under the age of 18 years of age, cannot be accommodated in the lab--unless enrolled at DACC or NMSU.
Disciplinary sanctions will be followed in accordance with the NMSU/DACC code of conduct, for any infringements of these policies. For any questions or concerns contact:
|Computer Lab 85 Information Desk||575-527-7561|
|Kathy Bell: Supervisor, Computer Lab||575-527-7657|
|Walter Lee: CC Lab Tech, Instruction||575-528-7028|