Student Selection Process
18 to 20 students will be selected out of approximately 80 applicants
Admission to NMSU or DACC does not constitute admission to the Radiologic Technology Program.
There is limited enrollment in the Program and selection is based on the following system:
- Minimum overall college GPA required to apply is 3.25.
- Evaluation of Transcripts/Grades - 50 possible points (20 pts based on overall college GPA* from ALL colleges attended and 30 points based on GPA of required prerequisite courses)
- Residency - 2 possible points (based on residency in Dona Ana, Eddy, Otero, Grant, Luna, Lincoln or El Paso counties)
- Additional - 2 possible points for BIOL 226, BIOL 227 and/or PHYS 211G with a grade of "B" or better. (1 time only)
- TEAS test-10 possible points (TEAS test may only be taken once)
- Students, applying to the program for the 2nd time, who have an overall college GPA of 3.4 or > will be given an extra 3pts
- Students, applying to the program for the 3rd time, who have an overall college GPA of 3.4 or > will be given an extra 3pts
- Tie Breaker - in the event that 2 or more students are tied for the last available slots, the following tie-breakers will be used (in order noted) to break the tie and fill the slot: prerequisite GPA, overall college GPA, Anatomy & Physiology grade, Math grade, work experience).
- Top 25-30 students will then be selected for an interview.
- The applicants with the most points who have successfully completed the application and interview process will be offered a position in the class. Final selection is based on the applicant agreeing to a clinical site assignment.
- Clinical sites are based in Alamogordo, Artesia, Carlsbad, Deming, Las Cruces, Silver City, Ruidoso and El Paso. Every effort is made to meet the applicant's 1st or 2nd choice for clinical assignments. When conflicts arise clinical sites are assigned by random drawings. You will know and have agreed to your clinic site assignment prior to beginning the program courses.
- Students who are geographically-dispersed to clinic sites outside Las Cruces need to know that all travel and lodging costs are their responsibility.
- Evening and/or weekend shifts are periodically assigned, but most shifts are during weekdays.
*Adjusted Credit Policy - Overall College GPA - Adjusted Credit Option GPA will be used if more than 15 hours of adjusted credits are earned. If a student has less than 15 hours of adjusted credits the original GPA and the adjusted credit GPA will be averaged. Prerequisite GPA - the original grade earned will be used (adjusted credit will not apply)
Note: In order to be considered for the Fall class, the general education (core requirements) and related prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Spring semester prior to the Fall start date. No Exceptions.
Revised 6-1-15Annja Cox, Program Director3400 South Espina St. Las Cruces, NM 88003