Radiologic Technology Admission Process
APPLICATION DEADLINE - APRIL 1st FOR THE FOLLOWING FALL CLASS
(The Program starts once a year in the Fall Semester)
The student is responsible for all deadlines required by the Radiologic Technology Program for admission. This includes all orientation dates, times and information concerning the application process. The applicant is also responsible for reporting any changes in name, mailing addresses or telephone numbers. The following is required for all applicants:
Minimum Requirements - high school diploma or GED and a minimum college GPA of 3.25.
Students NOT currently enrolled at DACC or NMSU start at # 1. Enrolled students start at # 4.
1. Complete Application for Admission to DACC Form (http://dacc-www.nmsu.edu) and submit with admission fee ($20). At this time DO NOT state your major as Radiologic Technology. State your major as PRAT (pre-radiologic technology).
2. Arrange for official high school and college transcripts to be submitted directly to the Admissions Office at DACC. Transcript request forms may be obtained at the Admissions Office, Room116. Students possessing a high school equivalency should request to have an official transcript of their GED (General Education Development) test scores mailed to the DACC Admissions Office.
3. Contact the DACC admissions office (575) 527-7569 for test information and scheduling. You may have to provide them Compass or ACT scores to determine Math and English skills.
4. Begin taking general education and related requirement classes. (See list below)
NOTE: In order to be considered for the Fall class, the general education & related requirement prerequisites (see below) must be completed by the end of the Spring semester prior to the Fall semester start date. No Exceptions.
Follow steps in order:
5. Attend a Radiologic Technology Orientation lecture. Call (575) 527-7630 or 527-7581 for scheduling. (Orientations are scheduled once a month between October and March)
6. *Submit a packet (folder) to Annja Cox, Program Director, with the following documentation/information:
a) a letter requesting admission to the program. Discuss why you are interested in this profession.
b) a resume outlining your education and work experience
c) a completed Program Health Form (to be handed out at orientation)
d) a current (updated) copy of your college transcript(s) (this includes ALL colleges previously attended) Most of these can be obtained in the DACC admissions office.
e) a new Application for Admission to DACC form with Radiologic Technology designated as your major. (Do not turn this in to Admissions and do not submit a fee, just put it in your application packet)
Submit all documents to:Annja Cox, Radiologic Technology Program Director MSC 3DA P.O. Box 30001 Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Note: Keep copies of all documents sent to Radiology Program for your records.
ENGL111G Rhetoric and Composition
MATH 120 Intermediate Algebra or AHS 116 Math for Health Occupations
PSY 201G Introduction to Psychology or SOC 101G Introductory Sociology
CS 110 Computer Literacy or OECS 105 Introduction to Microcomputer Technology
BIOL 154 Introductory Anatomy and Physiology or BIOL 225 Anatomy and Physiology I
Revised 5/13Annja Cox, Program Director3400 South Espina St.Las Cruces, NM 88003