Program Admission and Application
Enrollment is limited for DACC Health Care Assistant program courses. Students must complete a pre-registration clinical clearance packet. Additional restrictions may apply.
Health Care Assisstant Program Pre-Admission Steps
1. Enroll at Dona Ana Community College.
2. Review the health care assistant website.
Learn about various requirements including, program prerequisites and the clinical clearance packet for the health care assistant program.
3.Confirm criminal history eligibility
Some criminal histories disqualify students from the Health Care Assistant courses.
18.104.22.168 Disqualify Convictions.
The following felony convictions disqualify a student from taking clincial courses in the health care assistant program.
- trafficking, or trafficking in controlled substances;
- kidnapping, false imprisonment, aggravated assault or aggravated battery;
- rape, criminal sexual penetration, criminal sexual contact, incest, indecent exposure, or other related felony sexual offenses;
- crimes involving adult abuse, neglect or financial exploitation;
- crimes involving child abuse or neglect;
- crimes involving robbery, larceny, extortion, burglary, fraud, forgery, embezzlement, credit card fraud, or recieving stolen property; or
- an attempt, solicitation, or conspiracy involving any of the felonies in this subsection
The law regarding this screening for criminal history for caregivers can be found in Sections 29-17-1 to 29-17-5 NMSA 1978 et seq., and the Regulations can be found at 22.214.171.124 NMAC.
4. Take the COMPASS Assessment if you have not taken ENGL 111G.
Contact the DACC COMPASS Testing Services at 575-527-7569 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. There is no cost for the first assessment and COMPASS study guides are available HERE. ACT/SAT scores that are less than 2 years old may be accepted in lieu of the COMPASS assessment and it is not required for you to take the assessment. If you wish to request your scores to be sent to DACC Admissions, our school codes are ACT (2651) and SAT (6296).
5. Complete all required clinical clearance packet and upload to www.certifiedprofile.com. (see clinical clearance packet below)
Note: Don't wait! Some immunizations require a series of shots given over several months.
6. Come to Director's office to register on your day to register. Registration dates can be found in the semester schedule.