Education Program Advising Information
Students in the Education Program should expect to be advised on a walk-in basis. Students may see the Advising Center or Education faculty members who have posted office hours, as well as a part-time advisor to see students.
The Advising Center is located at the East Mesa Campus - DASR 103
The Education Program Offices are located at the East Mesa Campus - DASR 220
1. Print a Degree Audit from the Student Tab of My NMSU to determine the courses you need to take. Bring the degree audit to your appointment
2. Refer to the "When Can I Register?" dates before trying to self-register.
3. If you have a hold on your account, click on "View Holds" to determine the reason for the hold. Attempt to resolve any financial issues before your appoinment.
Click on this link to download the Associate's Degree in Education and/or the Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
For students who plan to sign up for field placement or practicum classes that will involve working with or observing students in the Las Cruces Public Schools, you must complete:
- Volunteer Packet
- LCPS Policy Forms
- Criminal History Affidavit
- State and Federal Background Checks