The Educational Goals
- Prepare dental hygienists who will be able to effectively assess, diagnose, plan, implement, and evaluate current dental hygiene services
- Develop appropriate decision-making skills and utilize professional judgement, conduct, and ethics to provide optimum care
- Promote innovtive approaches to problem solving and critical thinking that stimulate independence and responsibility
- Enhance communication skills that enable students to work effectively with diverse populations as memebers of the health care team
- Promote active participation and leadership in community activities, service learning and professional associations
- Instill a commitment to strive for excellence
- Demonstrate lifelong involvement in their profession and commmunity, and incorporate contemporary knowldege into practice as adminstrators, consumer advocates and public health advocates.