Additional Outside Scholarship Opportunities available! Find out here.
Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary Healthcare SCHOLARSHIP
For students meeting the following:
- Legal NM residents (permanent residence within 100 miles of Las Cruces)
- Sophomore or above grade classification
- Enrolled in an accredited Healthcare Program
- Enrolled for a semester with a minimum 12 credit hours
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
Pick up your application in the Health and Public Services Division (Central Campus, Health & Public Services Bldg. Rm. 190) or Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships (East Mesa, Student Resources Bldg. Rm. 109).
Application and all required documentation is to be submitted to:
Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary
Attention: Scholarship Chairperson
2450 Telshor Blvd.
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Ph: (575) 202.4338
DEADLINE: Must be completed and in hand in the Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary - JUNE 1, 2013
SpringBoard!, a program of the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico, will award $1,000 scholarships in 2013 to deserving southern New Mexico women who are pursuing higher education at a southern New Mexico community college or vocational school.
Students, click here to access the application online!
or via mail to :
Community Foundation of Southern N.M.
301 S. Church St., Ste. H.
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Over the Rainbow Scholarship
Established to honor the memory of Dorothy Ellen Baker who valued higher education for women. The daughter of an Appalachian coal miner, she dreamed of attending college however it was financially out of reach for her and the school she wanted to attend excluded women. This $500 scholarship is awarded annually to a woman who is a nontraditional student with a financial need and is attending either New Mexico State University or Doña Ana Community College as an undergraduate.
Help improve the lives of women in southern New Mexico by providing opportunities for advanced education. This scholarship will be awarded to undergraduate female students from throughout southern New Mexico who are pursuing higher education at a southern New Mexico community college in preparation for a career.
P.E.O Financial Assistance for Women
Program for Continuing Education: Grant program providing financial assistance to women whose education has been interrupted and is returning to school to support themselves and/or their families. The student must demonstrate a need fr financial assistance with their education expenses. Maximum award $3,000, one time award.
Educational Loan Fund: Loans are made available to qualified women who desire higher education and are in need of financial assistance. The loan fund is NOT a scholarship fund. Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited school, within 2 years of completing her course of study (not less than 4 months).
Contact Betty Wolle at (575) 647-4423; firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee Stevens at (575) 521.3242; email@example.com. Visit the P.E.O. Grant website for further information.
Krill Oil 'Educate Your Heart' Scholarship
Interested participants must meet the following criteria:
- Any student currently enrolled in the fall/spring school year of 2012/2013 at any college, university, trade or technical school within the United States or Canada.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Students must be 16 years or older at the time of enrollment.
- Must be a Canadian/American citizen or hold a valid student visa.
- Winning participants will be required to submit a photo for promotional purposes
Eligible students must submit an essay written around one of the two following questions:
- How has the importance of heart health impacted you, your family, or your community?
- How can an individual change his or her lifestyle to promote a healthy heart and holistic well being?
Submissions should be sent via e-mail along with a cover letter including: legal name, mailing address, telephone number, a brief biography and the name of the school the applicant will be enrolled in for the Fall 2013 semester to Sandra.Goldstein@KrillOil.com.
The deadline for essay submissions is Friday, July 5th, 2013.
Winners will be announced Friday, July 19th, 2013 on the KrillOil.com scholarship page.
Scholarships will be paid out to successful applicants on Friday, August 2nd, 2013.
For additional information, visit their website; http://krilloil.com/krill-oil-scholarship/
National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Program
Deadline: May 30, 2013
Financial Aid: Scholarships
2013-2014 Scholarship Application is closed.
Many of our scholarships require students to:
- Be NM residents
- Have graduated from a NM high school or received a NM GED
- Be admitted to DACC in a degree-seeking program
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as many scholarships have varying GPA requirements
Need help writing a scholarship essay?
Scholarships Fund Your Future
The Doña Ana Community College Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship Services offers a wide array of scholarships to assist a diverse student population pursuing a higher education. As an open-door institution, our office is committed to providing equal educational opportunities to students regardless of personal, economic, or social conditions.
As most of the scholarships require you to demonstrate financial need you are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
Students affiliated with a Native American tribe should contact their individual Tribal Scholarship Agency regarding the required paperwork for tribal scholarships.
Beware of Scholarship Scams
Click here for more information on scams and how to avoid them
The State of New Mexico encourages residents to continue their education in New Mexico postsecondary institutions by providing state-funded scholarship opportunities
- Education Trust Board Pathways Scholarship-$1000 scholarship available to students who meet following criteria
- Must be recent NM High School Graduate
- HS GPA 3.5
- FAFSA on file with a zero EFC
- Legislative Lottery Scholarship
- Legislative Lottery Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Legislative Lottery frequently asked questions - click here
- Legislative Endowment Scholarship
- New Mexico Scholars
- Vietnam Veterans Scholarship
- Children of Deceased Veteran
- Transfer Achievement Scholarship
For students transferring from DACC to NMSU-LC
Outside Scholarship Resources
Scholarship Search Engines