Dona Ana Community College Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
FAFSA SCHOOL CODE: E00876
Many of our scholarships require students to:
- Be NM residents
- Have graduated from a NM high school or received a NM GED
- Be admitted to DACC in a degree-seeking program
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as many scholarships have varying GPA requirements
Eligibility and renewal criteria vary.
Consideration or nomination for a scholarship require a Scholar Dollar$ application to be submitted each year.
Need help writing a scholarship essay?
Scholarships Fund Your Future
The Doña Ana Community College Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship Services offers a wide array of scholarships to assist a diverse student population pursuing a higher education. As an open-door institution, our office is committed to providing equal educational opportunities to students regardless of personal, economic, or social conditions.
As most of the scholarships require you to demonstrate financial need you are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
Students affiliated with a Native American tribe should contact their individual Tribal Scholarship Agency regarding the required paperwork for tribal scholarships.
Beware of Scholarship Scams
Click here for more information on scams and how to avoid them.
Scam Warning Signs:
- You have to pay a fee
- Money-back offers or guarantees
- Provides "exclsive" information
- Federal Trade Commission
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Inspector General
- Better Business Bureau
The State of New Mexico encourages residents to continue their education in New Mexico postsecondary institutions by providing state-funded scholarship opportunities.
- Legislative Lottery Scholarship
- New Mexico Scholars
- Transfer Achievement Scholarship - For students transferring from DACC to NMSU
Sources of Aid