ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION AVAILABILITY
Commensurate with qualifications. This is a 9-month position. Opportunity for additional teaching during the summer.
Send letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts (from university/college awarding degree), list of five (5) references and Candidate Release Form found at http://dabcc.nmsu.edu/employment/release_form.shtm to:
Doña Ana Community College
MSC-3DA, Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Review of applications will begin March 8, 2013. Applications received after this date may be considered.
Facsimiles or electronically mailed applications will not be accepted or considered.
· Master’s degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education from accredited university; OR
· Master’s degree from accredited university plus a minimum of 18 credit hours of graduate level mathematics course work. (Course work prefixes must be MATH). Degree must be in hand by date of hire.
· Teaching experience reflecting recent developments in Math and/or Developmental Education that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities required of the position.
· Demonstrate an understanding of developmental education and developmental mathematics.
· Able to teach general education mathematics.
· Demonstrate experience in progressing students out of developmental math.
· Knowledge of current technology for instruction: graphics calculator, computer.
· Two years full-time equivalent of community college teaching experience.
· Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
· Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
· Experience in developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
· Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
· Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
· Bilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered an asset.
· Teach 30-32 credit hours over fall and spring semesters. Teaching assignment may include day, evenings, weekends, and/or multiple campus locations.
· Teach a variety of courses in pre-college and college-level math.
· Develop, revise and update curriculum in collaboration with the department faculty and director or chair.
· May develop and teach online courses.
· Instruct, support, advise and provide timely feedback to students in accordance with DACC policy and procedures.
· Participate in and serve on department, division, and college committees, program advisory councils, task forces and working groups.
· Maintain professional and academic competence and participate in professional development activities.
· Maintain office hours as mandated by division and college policy.
· Function as advisor to students, both individually and as assigned to student clubs and groups.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Benefits: Group medical, hospital, and dental insurance, group life insurance, state educational retirement, worker’s compensation, unemployment compensation, annual and sick leave. Employee or spouse class tuition waiver.
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university's verification of credentials, verification of individual’s eligibility for employment in the United States and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check. NMSU/DACC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.