Welcome to The Student Counseling Center
The DACC Counseling and Wellness Center offers individual, couples, and group brief integrative counseling. Counseling and psychotherapy have both risks and benefits.
- The counseling is a process where you may discuss personal issues that can produce uncomfortable feelings -sadness, anger, guilt.
- Among the benefits, counseling can lead to imporved academic performance, better interpersonal relationships, reduction of stress and strategies and tools for the solution and management of specific problems and solutions.
At DACC Student Counseling Center we believe that education is an integrative process that includes cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual and socio-cultural factors that influence our students' success in higher education.
Our mission is to provide services that are preventive and developmental in essence. We seek to help students cope with every day stressors that may hinder their success in college and to excel as positive and productive individuals of the community.
DACC Student Counseling Center provides services based on the overall mission of the College, and the highest ethical and professional standards in the fields of counseling, psychology and psychotherapy. These services help students achieve their academic goals, learn healthy life skills and coping skills to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and reach their full potential for lifelong learning and active, responsible citizenship within the community.
1. Promote emotional and general wellbeing of students and DACC community.
2. Enhance students' college experience.
3. Support students' academic and personal success.
4. Provide students with appropriate professional referrals to community services.
5. Advocate for a healthy and diverse learning community.
Scope of Practice
Counseling Services and Scope of Practice