Eligibility for Services
Only students that are currently enrolled at DACC are eligible to receive services at the Student Counseling Center.
Hours of Operation
- Generally, the Student Counseling Center is open for services Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm during normal operation dates at DACC.
- Appointments for regular sessions are made between 9 am and 3 pm. Please go to DAMA 117 or call (575) 527-7548 to arrange an appointment.
- Appointments should be made by students for all counseling sessions to make sure a counselor will be available.
Weekend appointments and after hours appointments are not available at the Student Counseling Center. Students are recommended to call 911, the CALL (1-866-314-6841 or 575-646-2255), or go to the nearest Emergency Room for services.
- Students are required to cancel or re-schedule their appointments 24 hours prior to their appointment, so they are not considered a NO-SHOW.
- If the student does not call and does not attend their session, it will be considered a NO-SHOW.
Only two consecutive NO-SHOWS will be accepted in the semester before they are considered ineligible for services.
On weekends and after hours, please contact the crisis assistance listening line CALL service at (575) 646-2255 or 1-800-314-6841, the NMSU/DACC Police at (575) 646-3311, dial 911, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- "The Call" (24-hour crisis line for Southern NM)
Toll Free: 1-866-314-6841
Local: (575) 646-2255
- La Pinon Rape Crisis Center
Toll Free: 1-888-595-7273
Local: (575) 526-3437
- La Casa (Domestic Violence)
Toll Free: 1-800-376-2272
Local: (575) 526-9513
- Memorial Medical Center
- Mesilla Valley Hospital