Welcome to Grants and Contracts Accounting
The office of Grants and Contracts Accounting is here to help you with your Grants and Contracts, Affiliation Agreement and Foundation needs. Our office is your liason to the NMSU Office of Grants & Contracts (OGC) and Sponsord Projects Accounting (SPA).
Grants and Contracts policy and procedures
There is a protocol for submitting Grant and Contract proposals; this also applies if DACC is the sub-recipient. If you are pursuing funding on befalf of DACC, we have a desingated approval, submittal and central review process. In general, the grant application process includes the following steps:
1. Locate a potential grant funding source. A good way to get started in finding a grant is to use the NMSU GRID database at http://grid.research.nmsu.edu/login.php. This is updated regularly and is an excellent resource. Other resources include http://www.grants.gov, http://www.ed.gov, and http://www.nsf.gov to name a few.
2. Develop a grant proposal concept. Fill out the internal DACC Proposal Award Form, attaching a short project abstract and budget (Viola will work with you regarding the budget).
3. Obtain appropriate signature approvals for grant proposal. Both your department chair and division dean should be on board with the proposal.
4. Submit DACC Proposal Award Form for Executive Team approval. The DACC Proposal Award form, proposed budget, and brief summary of grant activity should be submitted to Viola Silva for submittal to the Executive team for approval. Note: the VPAA office can assist with this form, but the budget must be reviewed by Grants and Contracts Accounting (Viola Silva).
5. Complete grant proposal. Once approval from the Executive Team is granted, you can finish the actual proposal (some of the forms will be prepared by Viola Silva).
6. Submit final review to Grants and Contracts (Viola Silva). Hand carry or email the final version to Viola Silva in Grants and Contracts. Grants and Contracts will submit your proposal to the NMSU Office of Grants & Contracts (OGC) for final approval from the Regents of New Mexico State University.
Please note any proposal submitted without going through the proper channels will not be honored by DACC.
NMSU Office of Grants & Contracts (OGC), requires seven (7) working days to review the grant. OGC always submits the grant to the funder/funding agency. NMSU is the signature authority for all grants and contracts.