Welcome to the Pre-Business Program
Success in the business world requires a specialized set of skills, in addition to knowledge that builds upon a solid foundation of academic courses.
The Pre-Business Program at DACC is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of business education.
The Business and Marketing Department facilitates and guides each student's development of academic knowledge and practical skills to prepare him or her for success in the world's business arena.
Business and marketing faculty members are selected for their wide range of business experience and expertise, as well as their teaching skills. Instructors who are familiar with the world of business are better able to share insights and "real world" knowledge, better preparing students for their future positions.
The Pre-Business Program, which makes up the first two years of New Mexico State University's Baccalaurete Degree program, gives students broad exposure to the world of business, as as skills in a range of subjects. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared for the rigors of upper division coursework.
Admission to a specific major in the College of Business is required for enrollment in upper-division coursework. The program is administered by the NMSU College of Business.
Opportunities for employment in the world of business will continue to grow worldwide in a variety of settings. With an associate degree in Pre-Business, a person can move into a job right away, or continue to pursue higher education. A career in the world of business provides a multitude of exciting choices and specializations.
Associate Degree: Pre-Business
Certificate of Completion (Optional):
Common Core Area I: Communications
Common Core Area II: Mathematics
- Mathematics - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/math
- Applied Statistics - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/a_st
- Statistics - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/stat
Common Core Area III: Laboratory Sciences
- *Astronomy - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/astr
- *Biology - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/biol
- *Chemistry - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/chem
- *Geography - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/geog
- *Geology - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/geol
- *Physics - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/phys
Common Core Area IV: Social/Behavior Sciences
Common Core Area V: Humanities and Fine Arts
- *Art - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/art
- *History - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/hist
- *Music - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/mus
- *Philosophy - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/phil
- *Theater - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/thtr
Lower Division Business Core
- Accounting - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/acct
- Business Computer Information Systems - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/bcis
- Computer Science - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/c_s
- Business in a Global Society - http://catalog.nmsu.edu/busa
All courses listed in the course catalog descriptions may not be part of the Pre-Business (PBA) degree plan, please see the degree checklist for the list of courses that directly pertain to the PBA degree.
*These are courses offered at DACC. See the current NMSU Undergraduate Catalog for a complete list of courses. Students may take other courses offered only at NMSU but NMSU tuition costs will be incurred.
Contact any Pre-Business faculty or staff member for more information and academic advising:
Argie Hernandez: (575) 528-7403 - email@example.com
Patty Montoya: (575) 528-7277 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura De La Cruz: (575) 528-7353 - email@example.com
Ellen Morgan: (575) 528-7284 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Saucedo: (575) 527-7661 - email@example.com
Dr. Kim A. Seifert: (575) 527-7518 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Joaquin Tadeo: (575) 874-7794 - email@example.com (located at Sunland Park Campus)
Sue Williams: (575) 527-7721 - firstname.lastname@example.org