Student Success Center
The Student Success Center: Tutoring offers all registered students FREE learning assistance in most subject areas. The center provides a comfortable and encouraging environment and faculty - recommended tutors that assist students in achieving their academic goals.
- Support DACC's mission to provide educational opportunities to a diverse community of learners.
- Provide various tutoring methods to accommodate student needs.
- Assist students with academic issues on a one-on-one and group basis; peer-to-peer and faculty tutor-to-student.
- Continually assess program to analyze effectiveness of tutorial method offering and subject need.
- Hire highly skilled and qualified tutors.
- Train tutors on an on-going basis.
- Collaborate and support faculty tutoring while serving their office hours in the Center.
- Develop and maintain a reciprocal professional relationship between students, tutors, faculty and staff.
- Continually monitor tutor request and revise Center's Strategic Plan as necessary.